1. This site is now palemoon.net as well as albusluna.com and albusluna.org. Note: The mark “palemoon” is used under Nominative Use and/or Fair Use. Markus Straver knows how it'll go if he so much as squeaks. Howdy, Markus! :P
Note to Markus: You know that Matt needs to release the Interlink source code. How sharp was it to let Matt go after Feodor2 when Matt himself is one of the most egregious violators of the Mozilla Public License license on the the planet?
Such brilliance. It shines in the night.
2. News: We've received what's said to be a Fall 2021 snapshot of the illegally concealed Interlink source code. The tarball is unverified. Use at your own risk. However, you can download it at the following link:
It doesn't seem to be the actual source code. Matt Tobin has apparently withheld the "branding/official/" subdirectory. But I might be able to reproduce the official branding using images from Interlink binaries as a starting point.
As a related note, Tobin's failure to abide by the upstream license might release developers from the obligation to honor terms and conditions that he's imposed.
In short, Matt might not be able to do much about alleged violations of his I.P. rights because he's in egregious violation himself.
3. This site provides the censored UXP Mypal source code as well. To go to the UXP Mypal page, click on the following link:
What is this site?
Albus Luna is a Classic Firefox (tm) work-alike based on a well-known Firefox (tm) fork.
The upstream fork is considered to be important but is distributed under restrictive terms and conditions. Albus Luna exists to provide the FOSS community with a derivative that can be modified without the issues in question.
Albus Luna is, in short, a post-Quantum Classic Firefox (tm) fork that you can modify largely as you wish.
As another goal, the intention is assemble a few of the best XUL extensions from the past 10 to 20 years and to ship them with Albus Luna. In some cases, the extensions will be pre-installed and in other cases they'll be available but not installed.
The browser comes with ScrapBook X, Tab Mix Plus, and Saved Password Editor pre-installed and more extensions will be added.
This site distributes the UXP Browser Bundle. The bundle features Albus Luna and 5 other Mozilla programs in one easy-to-build source tree:
Classic Firefox — As Albus Luna
Pre-Quantum Firefox — As Iceweasel
Netscape — Or a reasonable facsimile
Seamonkey — As Blue Gorilla
Thunderbird — As Icedove
Chatzilla — As Ambassador
Unpack the source tarball, install a few dependencies, and run a single “bash” script. 3 hours later — depending on hardware — you're fully Mozilla'd up with 6, count 'em, 6, Mozilla programs that include XUL support and no need for Rust.
It's never been this easy to fill your distro to bursting with pre-Quantum non-Rust Mozilla software. XUL Forever is the endeavour.
Here are the links:
Latest source tarball: uxp-browsers-nogit-211215.tar.bz2
This source tarball corresponds to upstream — PaleMoon (tm) — 29.4.3.
Alternate link: This link will always go to the latest release:
264MB in size
Contact Email: me at albusluna dot com
Some important caveats:
4. This is a pre-beta source tree intended for developers. There are a number of rough edges.
One example is that most of the Help links and similar links which are built into the programs go to Error 404 pages and/or obsolete pages. This issue will be addressed over time.
5. The source tarball omits git histories. A version with git histories will be posted if there's sufficient interest. However, there are two caveats related to that:
(a) The most important subtree, Albus Luna, won't include git histories regardless because they've been dropped in the upstream project.
(b) The git-histories tarball will be over a gigabyte in size. It may be necessary to distribute it as a torrent.
6. The regular source tarball may be taken offline temporarily at some point due to bandwidth limitations. If so, it'll be moved promptly to a server that has more bandwidth.